Fish Creek Bottle Depot

Bottle Return Rates at Fish Creek Bottle Depot

Protect the environment and take home cash money by recycling your bottles and containers to your nearest bottle depot in SE Calgary.

Return-it Bottle Depot Refund Prices

1 Litre and less: 10 Cents (Dime)

Over 1 Litre: 25 Cents (Quarter)

About Bottle Returns & Recycling in Alberta

About Bottle Returns & Recycling in Alberta

Not only does recycling your beverage containers help keep Alberta clean, but you also receive a cash refund every time you recycle at our depot. So, walk into Fish Creek Bottle Depot with your recyclables and walk out with cash; it’s that simple!

Our depot is open seven days a week for Calgary SW, SE communities. If you have pre-sorted your recyclables, you will be finished faster.

Are you planning a bottle drive to raise funds for your school, non-profit, or sports team?
Do you want regular bottle pickups at your business or institution?
Contact us to get an estimate for your refund for any or all of these recyclables shown below!

Glass Beer, Wine, And Soft Drink Bottles

Glass beer, wine, and soft drink bottles

Waste glass bottles get crushed to form glass beads for sandblasting purposes or thin strings to make fiberglass insulation. People also use them for street paint to make the signs more reflective.

Aluminum Cans

Aluminum Cans

Aluminum cans are melted, and new, consumable beverage aluminum containers or cans are manufactured. 95-99% of the collected cans can be recycled.

Plastic Containers and Milk Jugs

Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Clear Plastic Containers

Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Clear Plastic Containers

Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) transparent plastics are recycled into flakes or pellets. New food-grade plastics are manufactured from pellets and flakes – and of course, for modern clothing and carpets.
Tetra Brik

Tetra Brik

Tetra pack containers go through a hydro-pulping process to separate the paper, plastic, and aluminum. As a result, 80% of the pulp is used to manufacture paper products, and the other 20% of plastics and aluminum are recycled further.

Gable Top

Gable Top

The paper and plastic in these products are separated through the hydro-pulping process. Tissues, cardboard, and writing paper are manufactured from paper pulp.

Bi-Metal

Bi-Metal

Bi-metal cans are recycled into car parts and grinding rods for mining by smelting them. Only 5% of the total weight turns out to be labels, paint, and contaminants.

Pouches

Pouches

Drink pouches are incinerated and used as a source of heat energy. Because of their texture, bag-in-a-box containers are recycled into cardboard and other tough paper objects.

Calculate the Impact of Your Containers

The impact calculator provided by the Alberta Bottle Depot Association (ABDA) is a handy resource. You can find out what impact your recycled containers have on our planet. See how much greenhouse gas you have saved and the landfills you have prevented. Bring your recyclable containers to Fish Creek Bottle Depot and get a refund.

Return Rates at Fish Creek Bottle Depot

Take home cash and protect the environment by recycling your bottles and containers with your nearest bottle depot. Below are some recyclables we accept to make your sorting and calculating easier.

Get 10 Cents: For 1 Litre & Less

Get 25 Cents: For Over 1 Litre

Your Nearest Return-It Bottle Depot

At our bottle return depot, we provide excellent customer service fast, efficient, and accurate. We are serving Calgary SE, and SW communities. Get in touch with us today!