Return Rates

Recover Your Deposit – Calgary Bottle Depot Refund Prices

Not only does recycling your beverage containers help the environment and keep Alberta clean, but you also receive a cash refund every time you recycle at our depot. Walk into Fish Creek Bottle Depot with your recyclables and walk out with cash; it’s that simple! Our depot in Calgary is open 7 days a week for your convenience. If you have pre-sorted your recyclables, you will be finished even faster with our express line.

Are you planning a bottle drive to raise funds for your school, non-profit or sports team? Do you want regular bottle pickups at your business or institution? Contact us to estimate your refund for any or all of these recyclables:

Calculate the Impact of Your Containers

The impact calculator provided by the Alberta Bottle Depot Association (ABDA) is a handy resource. Here, you can find out what impact your recycled containers have on our planet. See how much greenhouse gas you have saved from being released and landfill you have prevented from being created.


Return Rates at Fish Creek Bottle Depot

Take home cash and protect the environment by recycling your bottles and containers with us. Below are some recyclables we accept to make your sorting and calculating easier.

10 Cents: 1 Litre & Less     |     25 Cents: Over 1 Litre

Glass bottles

Waste glass bottles get crushed to form glass beads for sandblasting purposes or thin strings to make fibreglass insulation. People also use them for street paint to make the signs more reflective.

return rates

Plastic bottles are recycled and formed into pellets that are further used in the production of non-food plastics. Only 80% of the total weight of received plastics is recyclable, the rest 20% being contaminants.

aluminum cans

Aluminum cans are melted, and new, consumable beverage aluminum containers or cans are manufactured. Mostly, 95-99% of the collected cans can be recycled.

tetra packs

Tetra pack containers go through a hydro-pulping process to separate the paper, plastic, and aluminum. 80% of the pulp is used to manufacture paper products, and the other 20% of plastics and aluminum are recycled further.

wine box

Drink pouches are incinerated and used as a source of heat energy. Bag-in-a-box types of containers are recycled into cardboards and other tough paper objects because of their texture.

Juice bottles

Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) transparent plastics are recycled into flakes or pellets. New food-grade plastics are manufactured from pellets and flakes. They can also be used for clothing and carpets.

Bimetal Recycling

Bi-metal cans are recycled into car parts and grinding rods for mining by smelting them. Only 5% of the total weight turns out to be labels, paint, and contaminants.

Milk Cartons

The paper and plastic in these products are separated through the hydro-pulping process. Tissues, cardboard, and writing paper are manufactured from paper pulp.

cleaning supplies

25 Cents: Over 1 Litre

bag in a box

25 Cents: Over 1 Litre

We offer excellent customer service that is fast, efficient and accurate. Get in touch with us today!
Fundraising Drives
Raise money for your school or a charity with recycling!


Monday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sundays & Holidays 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM


Fish Creek Bottle Depot
15216 Shaw Road SE (Behind Centex Gas Station, next to Rocky Mountain Honda)
Calgary, Alberta, T2X 2A1


Proudly Serving

Calgary and Surrounding Area
Driving Directions
Fish Creek Logo

Copyright 2022 © Fish Creek Bottle Depot